When you approve a document you fill in:
- Message to the author (not mandatory - this will show in the e-mail to the author and only there)
- How long the document shall be valid for (see picture below) - default value will come up automatically
- If you want the system to send an e-mail to the author when the document expires (who will have the mail is set in the Variables)
- Significant update: if this is version 2 or more of a document you need to decide if it is a significant update or not. If it is a significant update this means that all users with this document in a role, need to read the document again.
The choice "valid for unlimited" is practical if you add reports and other documentation to the system that shall not be renewed.
Document valid for - you can select between:
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- Unlimited (if this is set as an option in the Variables)
- Date (select a date)